Connecting with Mosoj Yan has been a real blessing, and I'm so glad to have a place to bring the girls where they can get encouraged and cared for spiritually and emotionally. The girls spend the day at their Motivation Center, and I do follow-up discussions/activities with them at the night shelter and on weekends. The night shelter has been incredibly supportive of all this, and Mosoj Yan is even sending over a new girl to sleep there who is only 12 years old. And even though none of the girls from the bridge made it to the Center everyday this week simply because their addictions to the street are so strong, I'm still encouraged by the improvement that I see and the relationships that we're building.
I've also connected with a church in the center of town that has a real heart to reach out to the kids on the street. I've gone there for 2 Sundays with several kids from the bridge, and I've been really blessed to see people at the church warmly welcome kids from the street. I met with the youth pastor on Monday, and he asked if I'd go over there tonight to talk with the youth group about the possibility of the some of them getting involved in outreach to the kids. They've done a couple of projects for kids from the Coronilla but aren't sure how to keep up a continued relationship with them. So I'm hoping to help connect them with the group from the bridge in some long-term ministries.
No comments:
Post a Comment