Wednesday, May 20, 2009

something good

There are good weeks and there are bad weeks.  So far it's only Wednesday, and this week is shaping up to be pretty lousy.  Been thinking, "Seriously, what good can come from all this?"  So I was really encouraged by a short video that Ken put up on his blog.  Ken works with former street kids down in Santa Cruz, and the video he posted is the testimony of one of his boys.  I'm really encouraged to see living, breathing proof that when God gets ahold of these kids' hearts, incredible things happen.  

You can see Ticua's story on Ken's blog here.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Hey Amy...just wanted to encourage you to hang in there! I know you know this, but this is a long term ministry God's called you to. And He's made you a seed planter. You might not even see all the fruit from what you're doing day to day. But God's using you and your willingness to serve and love these kids, to change their hearts...I guarantee it!

I'll be praying for you this week! Wish we could grab a coffee... As soon as I get back! =)

Love ya!