This lovely, little lady is coming to my house for a few hours every other morning for breakfast and devotions.
Of everything I've done with the kids in past year, this is my favorite. I've known this girl since February, and the things I've loved about her from the beginning are her caring spirit and her sincere desire to know God more. She's 2 and a half months pregnant, so we're talking a lot about the future. And little by little, she's starting to dream again.
I'm not pushing her into a home because, at best, she'll finish high school and learn baking or craft-making. It's a future, but not the future she wants. The other day, she smiled and told me she'd like to go to university to study computer technology. What a beautiful dream for a girl who was born on the streets and has lived a life full of poverty and abuse. As of right now, she's only finished 6th grade and is sleeping at the night shelter, but she has hope for the future!
This morning, in the context of a totally different conversation about India, she said to me how she would love to be the one to bring the good news of Jesus to people who had never heard about Him before... Beautiful! God has such incredible plans for her life, and I'm not going to let her get lost in some big program or fancy-shmancy center... My prayer is to find some people in the Body of Christ who are willing to look beyond the class divides and love this girl enough to reach out a hand and help pull her out of the dark world of the streets.
1 comment:
Awesome! Completely awesome that she´s coming every other day. I agree, she deserves for every dream to come true. Then the cycle can be broken and her little boy or girl can grow up and have an even better life!
Post a Comment